- Enhance water and environmental security situational awareness;
- Develop a repository of water and environmental security indices;
- Facilitate and fund research on water security issues with UA faculty and government agencies;
- Provide consequence management analysis at the nexus of water, food, energy, and health;
- Use advanced communications technology such as AI, cloud computing and big data;
- Effectively communicate and engage with UA, State of Alabama, Gulf Coast partners, Congressional members/staffs, federal agencies, and multi-national companies;
- Transfer data science and analytical best practices (knowledge, expertise, and methodologies) to University faculty and students; and
- Provide water/environmental education to K-12 students/educators and train UA students to be future scientists and leaders.